Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Marching for Maddie and Boo


This past Sunday, Kiki and I joined 12 fantastic women in the March for Babies walk in downtown Indianapolis. Many of these moms came from Indianapolis, while several others made the trek from far and away places like Kentucky, Utah, and even Canada. Many of us "met" on the blogosphere and chat often on Twitter and Facebook. This bright and beautiful day, we all came together for one purpose: to honor the memory of the beautiful Maddie Spohr, and to raise awareness (and lots of cash) to help other families with babies born prematurely or with birth defects.

Originally I was going to participate in this walk "kid free" but gave in and brought Kiki with me, after she practically begged to come along. She too wanted to "help Maddie and my sister" by doing this walk. I wasn't sure if she would make the long trek, but she proved to be a trooper and didn't complain once during the five mile walk. At one part during the walk we stopped so the team could release some purple balloons to honor Maddie's memory. Kiki told me "I bet they will reach Maddie in Heaven by tonight and she will be so happy." *sniff*











4 comments:

Kasey said...

LOVE the post. Love the photos. Your blog looks so purple right now! :) It was so great to meet you and your daughter!

punkinmama said...

I'm so glad I got to meet you and Kiki. Tell her that her sunglasses are awesome! :)

Tim said...

Good job, you two. It's a beautiful thing you did for Maddie. I'm proud of you, Kiki.

designHER Momma said...

you got some great pics! We will have to get together again soon! Great to meet you!